Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ten on Tuesday


1.  Erin started kindergarten today, and Abbey went to third grade.




2.  The Olympics are over, so sad.   The U.S. did great, winning the most medals. 

 3.  Had a good day at garage sales on Saturday.  I bought some clothes for the grand kids, some books for Sara that she already took home before I got a chance to take a picture, and some pretty things for me:


Canisters that cost more than they should have at a garage sale, but I loved them and couldn't pass them up.
A hummingbird feeder; in the picture below you can see a hummingbird to the right, but it isn't as clear as the above picture.

A bowl that I loved--I'm kind of fond of blue and yellow.

This is a dish I bought about a month ago at a garage sale and forgot to take a picture of.

  4.  R.W. spent two nights at a sleep clinic and found out he has sleep apnea, which I've been telling him for years.  He goes tomorrow to get fitted for a mask that will help him sleep through the night.  He doesn't thinks it is going to work, so it probably won't.

5.  We've been having wonderful weather for the past week; in fact we've had our air conditioning off for four or five days.  I took a walk around our yard trying to take pictures of any flowers left, that made it through the drought, and there weren't many.


Crepe Myrtle

Gerbera Daisy

Hosta

Scaveola

Day Lily

Rose of Althea

Black-Eyed Susans

6.  This week we are having meetings all week and school starts next Monday.  On Friday I will have an all day training for our leaders; I always call the week before the semester Hell Week.  One of our young teachers asked me to monogram a backpack for his daughter who is starting preschool.  So I was bringing it to school this morning, carrying a bag with a six pack of soda and six frozen lunches in one hand and the backpack in the other.  I slammed the car door and caught the strap of the backpack in the door.  It had a huge, black grease stain on it.  I've spent all evening putting "Goo Gone" on it.  I hope it is okay; if not I'll find out where he bought it and buy another one.



7.  I've been working on birthday present for Erin and Michael.  Erin loves Sponge Bob Squarepants, so I bought her a Sponge Bob backpack, a stuffed Sponge Bob, Sponge Bob swimsuit, hoodie sweatshirt and little figures.  I bought a Sponge Bob embroidery card and embroidered Sponge Bob and Patrick on a pair of jeans and white long-sleeve shirt.  I did a shirt for Michael with Super Mario and have a pirate ship I bought for him.  We'll have a little party for Erin here Saturday evening and Michael's party will be at Happy Joe's on Sunday.  I'll put a check in the mail for son Patrick who's birthday is the 22nd.

8.  I picked up my new glasses today and R.W. didn't even notice.  When I finally pointed them out to him he said they looked exactly like my old ones.  They are a dark red, so I thought that was pretty daring, but obviously not enough to be noticed.

9.  My sister Kay is turning sixty next week on the 25th, so my little sister and Kay's husband are having a party for her.  I do not know if it is a surprise; I should ask someone.

10.  I'm getting more used to my I-Phone.  I can't say I love it yet, but I am using it more.  In fact, I took the pictures on this post with it.  I also use it to play Words with Friends.  I had it connected to Farmville, and every time someone gave me something it would ping.  It was driving me crazy.  I finally figured out how to shut it up.



No comments:

Post a Comment