Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

1.  I've been away for awhile; I guess it's because my life has been pretty boring.  Sometimes boring is good.

2.  The Cards lost last Monday to San Francisco, 9-0, so sad.  Then San Francisco won the World Series in four straight games, so I didn't feel so bad.  After losing our best player, Albert Pujols, and our manager of fifteen years I think it was great that we got as far as we did.

3.  My sister Lorie had family over Friday evening, because my sister Julie and her husband and youngest daughter had come in from LaCrosse.  We were supposed to play games but ended up sitting around talking, which was fine.  We hadn't all been together for awhile.  I had made Halloween shirts for a couple of my sisters' grandkids which they were all wearing.



4.  There were great garage sales on Sat.  I hadn't gone for about a month but decided to go since the weather was kind of nice.  Every year I go to one where they have tons of nice girls clothes, all Gymboree and Gap.  This year I got there a half hour after it had started and a lot of the winter stuff was gone, but I got like 15 pairs of shorts, new with tags, for 50 cents a piece and about six shirts and a dress, all size 12.  One of the grand daughters will be able to wear them next summer.  I also got lots of cool baby toys at another sale.

5.  I finished Corinne's dress for the second time.  I gave it to her for her birthday in July but it was too short so Kate took it to a seamstress in Boston to make it longer.  She did a terrible job and it was way too long, so when I went to Boston a few weeks ago I brought it back home and cut the skirt off and started it over.  I finished it last night and sent it this morning, priority mail, thinking she had a Feis this weekend, but heard from Kate that she wasn't going to be in this weekend's Feis.  Oh well, at least I finished it.


Dress front


Dress back


6.  We are planning trip to Cincinnati next week to see baby Stephanie.  We haven't seen her since Labor Day and they will not be home for Thanksgiving, so we thought we better go see what she is up to.  I do know she went to a pumpkin patch for the first time and got a pumpkin:




7.  We're ready for Halloween tomorrow night.  My two kids who are in St. Louis, Amy and Rob, always come and trick or treat at our house with their kids which is always fun.  I got four big bags of candy and we have already started eating one bag of chocolate candy.  Fortunately, the kids usually go for Skittles and Starburst, or maybe unfortunately, because we eat the chocolate ourselves.  Maybe I should just buy the junk, but it wouldn't seem like Halloween without chocolate.

8.  I'm planning a baby shower for Rochelle, my nephew's wife, who is due in March with a little girl.  Another niece and I are doing it together, but we'll do it at my house because I have more room.  We're planning on the weekend after Christmas since everyone will be in town.  I love baby showers, baby clothes, and just plain love babies.

9.  Last week the Old Orchard bridge, which is a couple of blocks from our house and on the way to the highway I need to get to work, reopened which had been closed for six months so they could build a new one.  I was so used to going around the long way to get the the highway that I've forgotten a couple of times that it is open.

View of one side of the bridge as I was sitting on it waiting for the light to change.

10.  I was worried about my daughter in  Boston and son in New York with hurricane Sandy, but they both are okay.  I know Kate's kids were off school yesterday--in fact I think everything was shut down in Boston.  Patrick had planned a trip to San Francisco, leaving today, but he had to cancel it.  He couldn't really afford it anyway, so it's better this way.

Jack and Corinne by the ocean right before the hurricane hit.  Kate says it's a tradition in Boston to watch it come in, but I was scared to death when I saw this picture on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment