Thursday, July 5, 2012

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig

Elly and Rooz--the bride and groom.
I missed Ten on Tuesday and Wordless Wednesday, so I thought I would just catch up with what's been going on.  I got in from Boston Monday night and have finished my summer travels.  My niece was married in Marblehead, which is about an hour north of Boston, on Saturday--which was also her 30th birthday.  It was a beautiful weekend, starting with the rehearsal dinner Friday evening:
Seven sisters: Susie, Patty, Libby, Kay, Julie, Lorie and me--we have one more sister, Nancy, who was not there.

And the wedding and reception on Saturday afternoon, at the Old North Church with the reception at Endicott College, which was beautiful:
Elly, her father, Dennis, the minister, and Rooz

The beautiful wedding party

My little sister Julie and her family--gorgeous redheads!

My sister Susie, mother of the bride, and Elly, the bride

My little sister Lorie and her darling family

The reception on a hillside at Endicott College, overlooking the ocean

Bride and groom's first dance


Beautiful bride


I also got to spend a few days with my daughter in Boston and got to spend time with her two children.  Her son Jack turned six on Tuesday and had a great birthday.  They will not come to St. Louis again until Christmas, but I'll probably go up there again for a long weekend this fall.  It is hard with them living so far away. 
Eva and Tara, cousins of the groom, and Jack and Corinne, my grands

Corinne dancing with Uncle Jamie

Jack modeling his Cardinals shirt, a gift from Aunt Amy

My granddaughter Sara turned 8 on Sunday, while I was still away.  I got her an aquarium which she had to set up before getting fish.  I got an e-mail from my daughter a little while ago that the aquarium was all set up and we could add fish tomorrow after 11 (we have to wait 24 hours).  I'm going to go by and pick her up tomorrow afternoon and shop for fish.  

Our 4th of July celebration was extremely hot!  The temperature was over 100 degrees all day, and has been for the past week.  We had the breakfast at our house at 8:30, and it was already really hot.  They cancelled our neighborhood fireworks due to the heat and lack of rain--they would have been a fire hazard.

No comments:

Post a Comment