1. Finishing up our trip to Cincinnati. On Sunday we hung out at the house and Chellie made a nice dinner. They have a water table on their deck which the girls love to play with, and John redid parts of the deck this spring so the steps aren't so wide and dangerous for the baby. Annie, their dog, loves being outside and just lays and watches. She is really good with the girls.
2. We drove back to St. Louis on Monday. I usually watch Rob's girls on Tuesdays, but I watched them Wednesday so I could recover from the trip. We were going to go to some garage sales on Wednesday in Affton, but they were pretty bad so we ended up going to my favorite thrift store and the girls bought more stuffed animals. I never knew a kid who loved stuff animals as much as Erin.
3. We went to the Botanical Gardens this morning. The day lilies were gorgeous. We walked all the way around the garden, a good workout. Here are a few pictures:
4. We're getting ready for our trip to Michigan next weekend. We'll leave on Sunday the twentieth and come back on the twenty fifth. I am getting a bit tired or traveling, but I'm really looking forward to Michigan. We've never been to Saugatuck; we went to Glen Arbor in Northern Michigan twenty years ago with Wayne's brothers, sister and their spouses. This time five of my sisters and their families will be there so it should be a lot of fun. I already made reservations for our Gulf Shores vacation next year. We will be going June 20 so we won't have to take the kids out of school. The house has eight bedrooms and is right on the beach. The pool is under the house, which I wasn't real pleased about, but the kids all think that is good since it will be hotter in June and we won't have to worry so much about the kids getting burned.
5. I'm thinking about working a couple of days a week in the fall. I go back to my oncologist the end of this month, and if everything is okay I'll check with my replacement and see if I could work a bit. I know two people have left and they'll be short handed. I wouldn't mind just working with students and not having to supervise anyone or go to any meetings. I am getting a bit bored being at home all the time, and I can always find ways to spend a little extra money.