Monday, July 1, 2013


I guess I've been M.I.A. for a couple of weeks.  As of today, July 1, I am officially retired.  What a lot of paper work and hassle.  Hopefully, my pension is settled.  I've been working with a guy for a year, who is with the Missouri Public School Retirement System, and as of Friday I still did not have my annuity rolled over into my pension.  I was also trying to get all of my prescriptions refilled before the end of the month, since it may take a little while to get covered on RW's insurance.

So, now that I'm retired I have no excuse to not blog. Today was my first whole day off.  I think I answered the phone ten times between 10 and 11.  Then I went to the cabinet place where we are getting our new cabinets and signed the contract and gave them a deposit.  We decided on white cabinets from the start, but all of the sudden I want pale yellow.  I asked the cabinet man if it was too late, and he said no I could still change.  RW wasn't too wild about my idea, but he said I could do it if I really wanted to.

Speaking of the kitchen, our addition is really moving along.  They put in the windows last week and put the roof on.  The electrician put in the wires and boxes, and the plumber put in pipes.  Our contractor is out of town this week, but he called three times this morning and the plumber and dry wall guy still came.  I'm hoping it is finished by the end of August.  I'll take some pictures and post them this week.

My car broke down.  I thought I was smelling gas for about a week, and finally took it in to get looked at.  The guy called and said there is a break in the fuel line and it is leaking gas.  He said I was lucky it did not catch on fire.  He called Chrysler and they do not have the replacement part, and he didn't expect to be able to find one before the fourth.  So, here I am retired with no wheels.  Luckily, RW's brother called Saturday morning and offered to take him to breakfast (he meets his old Ironworker buddies every Sat. morning) so I could go to garage sales.  I only went to a couple but found what I had been looking for, a king size down comforter.  It was brand new, still in the bag, for $20.  I bought a duvet cover on line a few weeks ago and had been looking for the duvet itself, so I was thrilled.  I also got some cute decorative pieces there and a few toys, and a few Sterilite containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment