Thursday, April 4, 2013

Ten on Tuesday (on Thursday)

1.  I have a new great niece, Dakota Margaret, born March 22, 8 lbs., 9 oz.  She is my nephew Chris and his wife Rochelle's baby.  I had a shower for her back in December.  We saw the baby last Friday then they came here for Easter.  She looks so tiny--I can't remember any of ours being that little.






2.  I had a cold for a couple of weeks which ended up turning into a sinus infection.  I finally called the dr. last week and got an antiobiotic.

3.  John and Chellie came in town last Friday for Easter.  They stayed until Sunday.  Stephanie is adorable--walking all over and acting more like a toddler than a baby.  She'll be a big sister soon.









4.  We had Easter at our house, with 68 people.  Luckily the weather was great so lots of people were outside.  The little ones really seem to enjoy it; the big ones do too.


























 
5.  The Cardinals are playing again.  They opened with a loss in Arizona on Monday evening, then won Tuesday and lost again Wednesday night, after about sixteen innings.  I was watching it and fell asleep when they were tied, then woke up around two and the TV was still on and the Diamond Backs were all cheering.  The Cardinals will have their home opener next Monday, the eighth.

6.  I'm really starting to look forward to vacation.  We'll be going five weeks from Sunday.  I bought new swimsuits for the girls on line today.  I always end up buying too many matching outfits, so I'm really trying to hold back this year.  The older ones are starting to balk, too.

7.  So sad John and Chellie will not be able to come to Gulf Shores this year; baby Julia Grace will be born on May 25th.  We'll be on vacation from the 12th through the 19th of May.  Then I'll fly to Cincinnati on the 24th and help watch Stephanie while they are having the baby and help out that first week.  RW will drive to Cincinnati the following weekend to see the new baby and bring me home.

8.  We were supposed to go to the Architectural Review Board meeting today to get approval for our addition plans.  We closed on our refinance last week and are ready to go.  RW just got a call from our architect saying we are pre-approved and just have to get building permits.  We don't have to go to the meeting tonight.  The architect has to finish the building blueprints, which should take about a week.  The builder says it will take about four months to complete, so I hope they hurry up and get started.

9.  I think spring might really be here.  It is nice and sunny today and is supposed to get up in the sixties.  This weekend it's supposed to be beautiful.  Can't wait to work in the yard!

10.  That's all I can think of right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment