Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

1.  We got home from Gulf Shores late Sunday evening.  I think it was just about our best family vacation ever--the grand kids all got along great and the new baby was the perfect toy for all of them.  I told my son and d.i.l. they need to have a baby every year for us.
2.  I finally downloaded 548 pictures from vacation this evening and will post some more soon.
3.  I went back to work today, and it was incredibly quiet.  I can use some quiet for awhile.  Summer sessions start next Monday.
4.  I'm going to make a christening dress for my new grand daughter who will be baptized on June 17.  I ordered some material on-line a couple of weeks ago but washed it and ironed it and do not like it.  I ordered more material and a pattern on-line last night.
5.  My sister in law Didi fell this weekend while gardening and broke both wrists and maybe her tailbone.  Ouch!
6.  Our yard looks gorgeous!  My husband is a great gardener and grass cutter.  Our Hydrangeas are blooming and so are the Stella D'oro and Clematis.  The peonias died while we were on vacation.  I'm sorry I didn't take any pictures.
7.  We'll be going to Cincinnati the middle of June for the christening; then I'll be going to Boston the end of June for my niece's wedding.  Lots of traveling this summer.
8.  I have a guy coming to talk to me about retirement on June 6.  I'm really thinking about it seriously.
9.  I finished reading Cutting for Stone.  I started months ago then got away from it for awhile then started up again right before vacation.  It's probably the best book I have read in a long time.
10.  Although I miss all of the family and being on the beach, there's no place like home!


No comments:

Post a Comment