Friday, March 23, 2012

Gift Certificates

I have Charity Clothing coming tomorrow for a pickup, and I have ten large trash bags full of stuff to get rid of.  I'm very proud of myself for working on my New Year's resolution.  Three of the bags are of fabric--to say I have a stash would be an understatement.  I used Christmas and Birthday gift certificates from my daughters to buy a new sewing machine from Hancock Fabric, just a basic no frills machine.  I have a nice embroidery/sewing machine, but when I'm embroidering I have to wait to take the parts off to sew on that machine.  Now I can do both at the same time; I also have a basic embroidery machine so I can get all three of them going at once, lol.


I'm also working on the girl's Easter dresses, part of my resolution.  I'm only making them for Corinne and Abbey, though, my two eight-year-old granddaughters. My older daughter bought dresses for her girls, and I have dresses for the two youngest ones.  I like to buy matching dresses for all of them, but my daughters seem to be getting tired of it. I'll post pictures when I'm finished.


I used some of my Home Goods gift certificates to buy a bird house I had been lusting over.  R.W. build a post for it and put it in one of our gardens.  One of my granddaughters said it looks just like our house.  I wish.  I also bought myself a new yellow leather purse from T. J. Maxx with gift certificates.  It's so fun shopping for things I don't really have to have.


No comments:

Post a Comment