Tuesday, January 21, 2014

New Year's Resolution

I'm not real good at keeping New Year's resolutions, so I usually don't tell many people what they are.  The past two years my resolution has been to lose weight, and I've lost 25 lbs in the past year.  Not because of the resolution, just because I don't like my doctor writing "obesity" on my list of ailments.  I went for a checkup last week and he did not put "obesity" as one of my ailments, so that felt good.  I still want to lose 15 more lbs., which I can probably do.

This year my resolutions is to get rid of stuff.  We could barely walk in our basement, and our attic is piled three feet high with stuff.  Every closet door upstairs can barely be closed because of all of the clothes and junk in them.  I started on the basement last week, as I was putting away Christmas decorations, and I got rid of about 15 trash bags of stuff.  Now we can walk in our basement again.  Next I will tackle either the closets upstairs or the attic.  I need to stop saving stuff in case someone needs it some day.   I could probably be a candidate for the TV show Hoarders.

No comments:

Post a Comment