2. The addition is almost finished and we're loving it. We still need to get the screens for the closed in part, tile back splash in the kitchen and a new roof for the main part of the house.
3. I'm going to Boston this month; I usually go sometime in the fall. Jack asked Kate when I was coming so they could go apple picking. I'll be going to Cincinnati the first week in November; Chellie has a conference so I'm going to help John with the babies. I'm not sure if I'll fly or drive. If I get a new car before then, I will definitely drive. If I fly John has to do a lot of driving to pick me up and take me back to the airport.
4. Garage Sales pretty lame for the first couple of weeks in Sept., but this past Saturday was pretty good. I got some toys, some baby clothes, some games and other good stuff. We went to a wedding a couple of weeks ago for some friend's daughter, Jessica, who I used to babysit for. I hadn't seen her in years and would not have recognized her.
5. I'm still working part time, and it's getting frustrating. I'm ready to be done. I do think they have picked someone to hire, who is already working at Meramec, but they have not officially told her yet. I'm glad it's someone from within because it will be a lot easier training her since she already knows the computer programs we use, how to order stuff, how to do payroll, etc. Our chancellor, whose contract ends in June and will not be given a new one, told everyone at the board meeting last week that she is taking personal leave until June. No great loss.
6. We put a deposit down today on new screens; we are screening in half of the new porch, the part by our bedroom. We still haven't gotten our final bill from our contractor, so we're a little nervous about spending any more right now. I'd really like to get a new car, something economical and safe, but I'm holding off until we finish everything else.
8. Youngest son Patrick, who lives in Brooklyn, is moving this week. He's been in the same apartment for six years, but his landlord is getting divorced and wants to move into the apartment. He found an apartment in a nicer section of Brooklyn, four bedroom, and found three room mates to live with. He says it is big enough for his baby grand, so that is good. I don't know what it's costing him to move it.
9. I got out our Halloween/Fall decorations this past weekend, with help from Abbey and Erin. The builders put the new furnace for the upstairs in our attic, and they buried my decorations. It was quite a feat finding them. We finally did, and the girls had a good time putting them out. I see all kind of cute ideas on Pinterest, but my stuff never seems to look to good. Oh well, it's fun for the grand kids.
10. I've been reading again on my Kindle, instead of just playing games. In the past couple of weeks I've ready When I Found You and The Husband's Secret. Both were pretty good and easy reads. The problem is that when I get into a good book I do nothing but read, staying up all hours.