Thursday, October 10, 2013

Five on Friday

I missed the ten on Tuesday this week, but I didn't really have ten things to write about, but I think I can come up with five on Friday.  

1.  The most exciting thing this week has been the cardinals.  They one the league division series against Pittsburgh.  I'm was hoping the Cardinals would win, but it's been years since Pittsburgh has been in the play offs so if we didn't win I would have liked to see Pittsburg.

 2.  Last weekend was busier than expected.  I watched Amy's kids Friday evening because they went to Nashville for a football game and Beth, their sitter, couldn't get there until about seven.  Michael has been asking me for weeks to take him to garage sales, so I suggested he come home with me and we'd go to sales in the morning.  He didn't want to spend the night, so Beth dropped him and Sara off at 8 on her way to Katie's game.  It wasn't such a good day for sales, bursts or rain showers off and on.  We were riding along and Michael said he sure wished he could go somewhere by himself, without his mom or dad or any adult.  I asked where he would go, and he said "New York."  I asked him how he'd get around, and he said maybe that was not such a good idea.  I asked him were else he would like to go by himself, and he said to a mall.  I told him I'd drop him off at West County Mall on the way to Sara's soccer game, then he said he wants to wait until he's a little older.

3.  Saturday evening we went to a 60th birthday party for my brother-in-law Dave.  It was just family and very nice.  Sunday morning Wayne's brother, Jeff came by to visit, and when he left we ran errands, Sam's, Lowe's and the drugstore.  When we got home, my brother Joe called and he and Becky came by to see the addition.  They left and a few minutes later Rob came by with the girls.  So, our quiet weekend wasn't very quiet, but after talking to Kate and hearing what all they did over the weekend made me appreciate our laid back pace.

4.  They hired my replacement at Meramec.  She starts on the eighteenth; I'm more than ready to be done.  She is supervisor of the academic center now, so she knows Meramec pretty well and it should not be difficult to train her.

5.  We close on our refinance on Friday, and hopefully we'll be done with all of the finance stuff.  We had the screens put on the porch yesterday and we'll have the roof redone in the next couple of weeks. I'll take pictures and post them next week.  We're really enjoying the new space.

No comments:

Post a Comment