Friday, February 20, 2015

January

January was a quiet relief after Thanksgiving and Christmas. I didn't think I was going to be working in the MAC because the regulars wanted more hours, which was fine with me. I really disliked working Fridays last semester because we couldn't go away for a long weekend. We began watching a new series on Netflix, House of Cards, which we really were enjoying. We also started taking a class again.  Then, the second week of the semester my boss from Meramec called and said they really needed me on Wednesday evenings because no one there could work with ESL(English as a Second Language) students. So I started doing that, when I wasn't helping with placement for new ESL students that I had already committed to for a few Wednesdays throughout the semester.  I'm also a substitute in the MAC and teaching ESL, so I probably will be working as much as last semester.

The 23 of January was Stephanie's birthday, so we went to Cincinnati for a long weekend. I made Stephanie a Quiet Book for her birthday, an idea I had been toying with for some time. It turned out pretty cute:

















We got to Cincinnati on Friday, the 23rd, her birthday and she opened presents from us and her mom and dad.  Then, on Saturday, she had a party at the Cincinnati Children's Museum.











At the Children's Museum:














Unfortunately, Julia broke her leg at the party.  We aren't sure how exactly she did it, but she went down a slide with her dad and couldn't walk afterwards.



1 comment:

  1. LOVE the quiet book! Your granddaughters are so lucky to have such a talented grandma!

    ReplyDelete