1. The Cardinals are wonderful! They had their first playoff game last night, and were losing 6 to 2, then came back and won 10 to 9. I think they really shocked the announcers. All they talked about was the Dodgers's pitcher, Clayton Kerchaw. He's probably the best pitcher in the National League, but our Adam Wainwright is second best and they barely mentioned him. What really bothered me was that the main announcer, Joe Buck, was from St. Louis and was totally favoring the Dodgers. We've got three or four more games, so it will be interesting to see how the announcing goes.
2. We're watching lots of football, especially college football on Saturdays. Mizzou has gotten a lot better, but Wayne watches all of the teams. He likes college football more than the pros. The Rams haven't been to great the past few years, so they're not so fun to watch.
3. We're going to Cincinnati next Friday. I can hardly wait to see the babies. I finished Stephanie's costume last night while watching the game. Here are a couple of pictures:
I ordered a bonnet on-line, and it should come in time to take it with us next week. I'm sure the costume will be a lot cuter on Stephanie!
4. Fall finally seems to be coming. We went to the Botanical Garden this past Monday, but the leaves were not starting to change yet. We've been walking mornings, usually at Powder Valley, for about 45 minutes. It feels good to get some exercise. I'm sure we'll see lots of yellow, red and gold trees next week on the way to Cincinnati.
5. Our oldest grand daughter, Katie, has been volunteering at Petco in Kirkwood on Saturdays. She loves dogs but can't get one because her little brother is allergic. So, she's decided she is going to talk Wayne and I in to getting one. We went out there last Saturday afternoon, and of course found a dog we really liked. It was a six year old German Shorthair Pointer, named Sadie. She had the saddest eyes, and I really wanted to bring her home. Wayne stopped me, since we had already decided that when Joe goes we'll try going dogless for awhile. I don't know how long we will last.