Friday, March 8, 2013

Grand Children

A blog which I have been reading for a couple of years, Kelly's Korner, often has a "Show Us Your Life Friday."  I've never posted there, but this week is "show us your grandkids."  Of course I have to show mine! 

Most are group pictures of the first seven grandchildren, who were born within five years.  Five years later we had an eighth grandbaby, and we have another one due June 1.  Some are on holidays, and others are during our yearly family vacation at Gulf Shores, AL.



Gulf Shores Family Vacation 2012

Papa with baby Stephanie

Baby Stephanie's Christening
 
Me holding Stephanie last Fall

All eight grandchildren last summer

The first seven a couple of years ago on Easter

All seven a couple of years ago at Christmas
The whole family at my son and his wife's wedding in at the Beach Club in Gulf Shores, AL
The four oldest granddaughters were flower girls
At our family vacation in 2009 at Gulf Shores

My grandchildren and nieces and nephews on Easter at our house

The grands on vacation in Gulf Shores

The grands, Christmas 2008


Gulf Shores vacation 2010

Me reading to the girls, Gulf Shores, 2006

Our two boys--we will have our seventh granddaughter in June.

Baby girl at the beach 2012

8 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful family! I love the beach pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leslie! We look forward to the beach vacation every year, so all the grand children can be together for a week.

      Delete
  2. Oh my...what a beautiful bunch of children! You must be so proud! Love how they are all dressed. So nice to meet you...♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! I am proud of them and enjoy dressing them alike (though the oldest are starting to protest). Nice to meet you, too.

      Delete
  3. Maggie... you are BLESSED! Beautiful beautiful grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana. I realize how blessed I am.

      Delete
  4. I love how you get them all to match. Where do you get all the different sizes to match. My family thinks I'm crazy for trying to get them all the same. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My family thinks I'm crazy, too. I used to buy at Strasburg (they would have great sales). The white dresses in the first picture, the flower girl dresses and light blue smocked ones are from there, but they went out of business. I buy some on Zulily and Orient Express, and I make some, too, like the Christmas tree smocked dresses and the pink outfits they're wearing at the beach. I also shop E-Bay a lot.

      Delete