Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Just a Little Bit Longer...

In less than 24 hours my son, d.i.l. and new grandbaby will be here.  I can hardly wait.  Friday morning my daughter and two grandchildren from Boston get in.  I don't know if I'll be able to sleep the next two nights.  I have to go to work tomorrow, but I'm taking off Friday.  I would have taken off tomorrow, too, but there is an award ceremony at school and I was nominated for an award.  I know I won't win, but it would look bad if I didn't show up.


Still working on the dresses for my two grand daughters.  I was going to make basket liners for all of the kids Easter baskets, and monogram them with their names, but there are sixteen of them and I don't think I'm going to get around to it.  I had to stop sewing last night and tonight to do some cleaning.  I got the two bedrooms where the guests will be staying in pretty good shape.  I just keep moving stuff to the attic, then to the basement, then to Good Will or Charity Clothing.  I've been really good at getting rid of stuff this spring.  I think I've given away close to 30 bags of stuff.  I've never watched that hoarders show, but I'm sure I would qualify.  I hope no one nominates me for that (like my kids).

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for visiting the Back Porch, Margaret.
    I've been cleaning out closets for the past couple of weeks, too. I donated quite a bit. I thought of the hoarders show also.:-)

    In answer to your question...
    Most of the time there is no rhyme or reason to the tables I set. For instance, this one was impromptu. I was grocery shopping, yesterday, at Dierberg's. The begonias and other potted flowers were set up near produce. As soon as I saw the hot pink begonia I picked it up. When I got home I set it in the bunny container and gathered up the other elements I had in mind then set the table. Within half an hour, the table was set, the photos taken and edited, and the post was ready for publishing. Most tables and tablescape posts don't come together that quickly, although most are ideas that just pop into my head, no planning.

    Most of the dishes are stored in the pantry and barn board cabinet, in our kitchen/breakfast room.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete