Saturday, June 21, 2014

A Bit of Respite

The end of this week was calmer, which I needed.  We went out to see my mother in law at Friendship Village yesterday.  My nephew and his wife and two daughters were passing through St. Louis on their way to Branson, and they stopped to see Grandma so we went since we hadn't seen them in a few years.  They have two darling girls, eleven and thirteen.  My mother in law was thrilled to see us all, but she was so confused.  She thought they were my grand daughters and asked about fifteen times if I had any other grandchildren.  Here is a picture of all of us:

I also have a few pictures of Abbey and Erin from the Botanical Garden this past week:






Garage sales were great this morning.  I've been looking on Craigslist for a hall tree/coat rack since last year when we finished our addition, to put in the little hall way to our bedroom.  I knew just what I wanted, a white one with a bead board back, hooks and a storage bench.  I haven't seen any on Craigslist for under $200, and since we already had a hall tree there I knew Wayne wouldn't want me spending a lot on another one.  He thinks I'm kind of crazy, anyway, going to thrift stores and garage sales.  Well, anyway, I went to my first garage sale this morning and found exactly what I have been wanting.  I was so excited when I saw it but there were a lot of people around so I figured it was probably already sold.  I saw the price on it, $30, and no sold sign.  So I asked the gal if she would take $25, and she said sure.  I couldn't fit it in my car, of course, so I came home and got Wayne and his Jeep, but we couldn't fit it in there, either.  So I texted my neighbor to see if we could borrow her truck, but she didn't respond so after lunch I called her and left a message, and I also called Rob to see if he could stop by after work with his SUV.  He did, and he and Wayne went and got it.  Although Wayne gets irritated when I keep buying stuff, I could tell he was pretty excited about it too.  He didn't want to admit it, but he kept asking me if I had heard back from Lisa about the truck.  I think she must have lost her cell phone because we never heard from her.  Anyway, here are a few pictures of it:


No comments:

Post a Comment